Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Take on Grace vs. Karma

Hello Everyone,

Here is an update on my life, I know the millions of you out there are dying to know what is new.

Today was the first day of a new work out program that I am starting that is called Insanity. It truly does seem like the only word to describe it may be Insanity. Nevertheless, today marked the first of a sixty day journey to get fit! I will let you know how it goes as I get more into the hard stuff but I am excited for the new physical challenge and the fun and health it will provide!

The last blog with Bono's interview has been something that has been heavy on my heart. Grace v. Karma and how thankful! we should be that God does not use karma to determine who he gives love, life to the full, and eternal life to. For whatever reason that simple illustration that Bono uses has allowed me to search myself and see that I would have no chance, whatever the standard, to live up to that standard let alone be sinless so I can be with the sinless father. Thank God for grace! The power of grace and forgiveness is crazy.

In a theology class of mine a play I read talked about forgiveness as a an act that is completely out of nothing and is 100% creation. It comes from no where, makes no sense, and is the closest thing we can do to be like the creator. How is it possible that someone as evil and that has caused so much suffering as Hitler as the same opportunity to be forgiven and absolved of the things he has done as I do. God can forgive everyone and desires all his children to experience the life of being forgiven. God's forgiveness and grace destroys any hierarchal perception we create about evil, sin, and suffering to give us comfort about our own shit

"Forgive them Father. For they know not what they do."

John 8:7 "If anyone of you is without sin let him be the first to throw a stone. Where are they now? Does know one condemn you? Than neither do I. Go now and leave your life of sin!"

In view of our own condition, and in view of God's grace there is no room for condemnation that we may have for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment