Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Uganda Vision Trip

 Friends and Family, 

For almost eight years now I have had a dream to visit Africa and experience the people, culture, and the unique way God is working there. My dream will finally become a reality as I have committed to be a part of Common Ground Christian Church’s vision trip to Uganda this May.

If you have seen Invisible Children’s most recent video, you are already familiar with the wake of destruction Joseph Kony and the Lord’s Resistance Army left in Uganda. If you haven’t watched their most recent video I encourage you to do so here.  The trip I am a part of this spring is to join in the restoration of a country that has been brutalized by a 20-year war. Restoration Gateway (RG) is a ministry located in Northern Uganda that provides holistic restoration for the people that have been ravished by the wake of violence left by the LRA. RG helps restore the community by caring for orphans, providing medical and dental care, empowering Ugandans, and ministering to the church of Uganda.


Our team will spend time with the 70+ orphans that live at RG as well as engage in ministry opportunities with RG workers and the people that live in the surrounding villages.


Through studying Religion and Peace Studies at Butler University I acquired a passion for supporting communities that have been ravaged by violence. I also recently decided to attend seminary next fall in Chicago. I am excited about the opportunity to experience what God is doing to restore northern Uganda through Restoration Gateway as I head into seminary. 

There are 3 ways you can help me on this Adventure:


1. Prayer

As I step into the uncomfortable space of raising support for this trip and preparing my heart and mind to travel to Africa I desperately need your prayer.

I need prayer for:
1.The financial support I have to raise for the trip. The trip costs around $2500 dollars. I have begun to save my own money but that will unfortunately not be enough to cover the cost. I encourage you to consider donating money to help me reach my goal of $2500.
2. I also am in need of prayer for the posture of my heart and spirit during the trip. The trip is sure to be emotionally and spiritually draining and transformational. Please pray that God would prepare me for the trip and have great things in store for me when I get to Africa!



If you would like to commit to praying for me please email, text, or call to let me know so I can send updates as the trip approaches and after I return.

2. Write a Check

Make a check out to Common Ground Christian Church and send it to David Brodsky at 10721 Timber Lane Carmel IN 46032.


   3. Donate Money Through Pay Pal http://bit.ly/HLpXgd


Click on the link below and you will be sent to a website where you can donate to    me through pay pal.
(This option is for the young folks who do not own a checkbook anymore.)


If you have comments, questions, or just want to connect about this trip or life in general hit me up through the info below.




No comments:

Post a Comment