Friday, July 23, 2010

Cali Summer


4 weeks ago I had never driven a boat before in my life. I now have probably driven a boat in 4 weeks more than most boat owners have for years combined.

I would like to say that I have become a pretty skill full boat driver. Then again there is not much to it: throttle down and turn the wheel towards where you want the boat to go.

We have two boats. The backup boat I named Lou Ellen (displayed in picture). She is 21 years old. The other boat that has been broken for most of the summer I named Penelope was made in 1962!

Here at the Oaks they like to take the idea of God being a redemptive God really literally and use old broken stuff hoping that God will make it new.

Pyramid lake is beautiful... The first time I went there I said to myself, "I mean....I guess I will be able to spend every day here this summer."





No comments:

Post a Comment