Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dynamite

This weekend was a Young Life Leader Retreat for the Raceway Region. It was a lot of fun to get away, be challenged, take part in good conversation, and best of all to be around some really great people. I was challenged in many ways this weekend and my view of YL was expanded greatly. There will be more of what I learned in the future, but for now there was one word that stood out to me more than anything. 

 

Dynamite. 

 

While listening to a seminar on the Gospel, the teacher just glanced over an idea that God had me stop and dwell on.  In Romans chapter one Paul says, "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God..." Simple and true. The teacher went on and mentioned that the actual Greek word for power is where the English language gets the word for dynamite. This is what God stopped me on. The gospel: the life, character, passion, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the tool that God uses to display his power. To enter our lives and change them forever.

 

When we come face to face to face with the power of the Gospel you cannot come out the other side the same person. 

 

Just like if you were to stumble across some dynamite that happened to go off anywhere near you. 

 

Physically, mentally, socially, and whatever "lly" you can think of, you would be altered. 

 

How every many times you hold dynamite in your arms and let it explode, you can't get use to it. 





1 comment:

  1. I personally think is idea of "dynamite" I can relate to in my life. It seems that God always has something new for me to learn. Just when I think I have become complacent with where I am, I realize that being complacent is not what God wants me to be. God wants me to constantly be striving to grow in a relationship with him and follow him more and more through the ways of Jesus Christ on this Earth. It still amazes me how God teaches me so many things and each time I am still blown away by the dynamite.

    ReplyDelete